- Business Process Management
- Innovation Systems
- Digital Mind
- Revenue Resilience
- Research Management
- Operations Management
- Vice Chancellor’s Award for Excellence (Research and Partnership/Engagement) (Airport of the Future) (2009)
- My PhD students Wasana Bandara (2007), Jan Recker (2008) and Tonia de Bruin (2010) won the Australian Information Systems ACPHIS PhD award.
- QUT Vice-Chancellor Performance Award for Research and Continuous Professional Education, October 2007.
- Emerald Literati Network 2007 Awards for Excellence: Outstanding Reviewer for the Business Process Management Journal in 2006.
- Best Paper Award at 16th Australasian Conference on Information Systems 2005, Manly, 30 November – 2 December 2005 (“Integrating Risks in Business Process Models” with Michael zur Muehlen, Stevens Institute of Technology) out of a total of 262 submissions
- Best Reviewer Award at 16th Australasian Conference on Information Systems (ACIS 2005), Manly, 30 November – 2 December 2005 out of a total of 168 reviewers
- Best Paper Award at the 8th Pacific-Asia Conference on Information Systems (PACIS 2004). Shanghai, China, 8-11 July 2004 (“Success Model for Business Process Modelling: Findings from a Multiple Case Study” with Guy Gable, Bob Smyth and Wasana Sedera) out of a total of 400 submissions. Subsequently published in the European Journal of Information Systems, December 2005.
- Best Paper Award at the 11th International Conference on Advanced Information Systems Engineering (CAiSE 1999). Heidelberg, Germany, 14-18 June 1999 (“An Ontological Analysis of Integrated Process Modelling” with Peter Green. Subsequently published in Information Systems, 2000).
Reviewer for Research Proposals
- Monash University Small Grants (since 2001).
- Oz Reader for the Australian Research Council (2002-2005).
- Member of the Australian Research Council College of Experts (2006-2007).
- External reviewer for the Guangdong – Hong Kong Technology Corporation Funding Scheme (TCFS) of the Innovation and Technology Support Program. The Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region, Innovation and Technology Commission. September 2005.
- External reviewer for the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada (NSERC), January 2009.
- Member of the Australian Research Council Federation Fellowship Assessment Panel (2009).
- External reviewer for the National Science Foundation, USA, March 2009.
- External reviewer for the Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft, Germany, December 2009.